Our Design Director, Renee, lived in the suburbs of Chicago until she moved to Austin to join the RBI team two years ago. In our meeting last week, she spoke about feeling the charm of southern hospitality. People smile as they walk by, wave as they drive by and hold the door open for complete strangers. All of these simple gestures are what create the unique sense of community Austin residents enjoy. This week Robin Bond Interiors challenges you to do something kind for a neighbor or someone in your community.
Last weekend Robin attended a Green Smoothie Girl demo in support of her sweet friend and neighbor, Keri Dotson. A favorite snack at the demo was Keri’s “Almond Joyful Fudge.” Try out her health-conscious fudge recipe next time you get a chocolate craving!
– 2 cups agave (or 1 cup agave & 1 cup honey)
– 2 cups coconut oil
– 1 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cacao
– 2 cups shredded coconut
– 2 cups slivered almonds
1. If your coconut oil is solid, place its container in a sink of hot tap water to melt it. Then place the oil, plus the agave (or agave and honey) in a high powered blender with the cacao powder. Blend well.
2. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in the shredded coconut and slivered almonds. Pour mixture into a 9×13 baking pan and chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Special thanks to Keri Dotson for this fantastic recipe!
Keri’s Green Smoothie Girl Page
Comment if you love the recipe or let us know what you did to pay it forward in your community.