I see light and love as one in the same. People who have near-death experiences
often seem to come back with a commonly shared theme of a beautiful light and
a strong sense of love. I associate light with white and so the end result is a sensual bedroom comprised of all whites and creams.
- Sherwin-Williams’ Alabaster is my go-to white for interior trim. It’s not too harsh and doesn’t have any sort of strange undertone (like pink or green) so it seems to work well with most colors.
- I love using animal print whenever I can. The white on white zebra print in this rug makes the room feel a little more on the wild side.
- Quality case goods in a bedroom are worth the investment. You will be opening and closing the drawers in these pieces often on a daily basis. People tend to keep their bedroom furniture for 20 years to a lifetime.
- Lighting is one of my favorite elements with which to work. A master bedroom should be about romance, but at the same time there should also be good lighting on each side of the bed for those who like to read a little before turning in each night.
- The design in the vases plays off of the texture in the artwork. Designers like to repeat or play off of shapes in a space to create what we call rhythm. All you really need to know about rhythm is that in the end the space will feel great.
What do you think of this romantic bedroom? Let us know by liking, commenting and sharing this post with your family and friends. As always, be sure to subscribe to make sure that you never miss a future post!
Designing spaces you love to live in,
All of the products featured in this post, unless specified otherwise, can be purchased through Robin Bond Interiors.