Wouldn’t most of us like to be more energetic? The first thing that pops into my mind when I think of being energetic is running. I have never personally liked running and am amazed that there are people who actually love to do it. Growing up I was never the athletic type to begin with, my coordination is lacking and, to be honest, I really don’t enjoy pain. I guess being artistic has something to do with it as well. I love feeling creative while brainstorming in my head, and visualizing and reading has always been high on my list as well. A book can take you anywhere in the world.
Getting back to energetic, though, I think of the Olympics and how much energy it must take to prepare for something like that. On the flip side of that, an inherently effortless (and endless) energy is also very apparent in toddlers. We nicknamed my son, Shelton, Dash as a toddler because he was so quick that once he took off running he was nearly impossible to catch. He is 15 now and has not stopped running since, and is still hard to keep up with when he’s awake. If we could all have the wisdom we gather with age but the energy of a toddler we would all be set for life.
Red to me is the perfect color to invoke energy. It’s a power color. When I am doing something big and need a confidence and energy boost, I will wear a red dress. It would make sense that the space I created for this mood board is a workout room, but since I still can’t get into running and don’t think I ever will, I’m pulling my inspiration from a girl in a beautiful red dress running down the beach. It makes the idea of running just a little more palatable for me.
- Running frameless mirrors along an entire wall like The Mirror Company did here is a great way to not only open up the space more, but also keep the red walls from being too overpowering.
- We’ll mellow out the red some by using this gray pvc flooring from Norsk that looks a little like an animal print.
- Every home gym needs an awesome machine like this one from Titan.
- A couple of these cube swivel ottomans are nice for putting on shoes or taking a brief (and I mean brief) time out.
- This berry storage container from Chef’N Bramble is a great way to store fresh fruit for a post-workout snack.
- Water bottles with built-in infuser compartments, like this one from Asobu, make it easy to add a little extra flavor to your water (try adding things like limes, cucumbers, strawberries, or even mint leaves!).
- Inspirational art is a great way to keep motivated. You can find this “Best Version of Yourself” piece, along with many others, at Great Big Canvas.
- I. Love. Jillian Michaels DVDs. She has a huge selection so you don’t get bored. They are great workouts and most of them are 30 minutes or less, which works perfect with my busy lifestyle.
- Kettlebell workouts are great, and this kettlebell from Elivate comes in every color under the sun. Jillian Michaels has a really good workout DVD for this as well.
What do you think of this latest mood board? Does it make you feel energized and ready to take on the day? Let us know by liking, commenting, and sharing this post with your family and friends. As always, if you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to be among the first to see our future posts!
Designing spaces you love to live in,
All of the products featured in this post, unless specified otherwise, can be purchased through Robin Bond Interiors.