Here’s a quick list of ten Christmas gifts that reflect the unique spirit of Austin, Texas:
- If you have anyone on your list who enjoys cooking, cookbooks are a great gift. I know I always enjoy trying new recipes and especially love local recipes that utilize locally resourced products. Lisa Fain is the voice behind the Homesick Texan, a blog and series of cookbooks all centered around her love of Texas. I highly recommend The Homesick Texan’s Family Table, which includes a ton of recipes for everything from a small dinner with your family to a large gathering.
- If you are looking for a good corporate or client gift, but are like me and don’t like anything sweet, Austinuts has some great options. Even their holiday gift baskets, like the Texas Gift Basket, has a little something for everyone’s tastes.
- Speaking of gift baskets, they work great for the person you know who already has everything. Most companies will also ship them, so they’re fun to send friends and family that live out of state to being them some Austin cheer. Austin City Gift Baskets has some fun options, including this “Flavors of Austin” basket, complete with Kerbey Lane pancake mix and Lammes candies. The box is even covered in an Austin reusable tote bag!
- What woman doesn’t appreciate a day of pampering at the spa? Lake Austin Spa Resort is a world-class spa right here in Austin. They have a vast variety of treatments and packages, and I am secretly putting this one on the list hoping that my son and husband see this (hint, hint).
- I would venture to say that most people prefer to eat healthy, but often times the lack of time prompts us to eat out, or visit the dreaded drive-thru, more than we would care to. Farmhouse Delivery can help eliminate some of those excuses and encourage those you love to eat healthier. They offer recurring delivery services as well as one-time delivery options. The best part is that not only is everything fresh and organic, it’s all from right here in Texas!
- Normally I am not one to recommend giving home décor items as gifts since styles and preferences vary greatly from one person to the next (just take a look at the gallery on our website!), but this hand-embroidered pillow from Catstudio is so fun and just screams Austin! If you know the right Austinite, this pillow could be used as the perfect inspiration for a colorful Austin-inspired space.
- What could be more Austin than Amy’s Ice Creams? This Big Kid S’mores Kit is just the thing for sitting around the fire now that the weather has finally cooled off.
- I love cooking with good olive oil and so will any other person on your list who enjoys their kitchen. Texas Olive Ranch uses olives grown right here in Texas, and they offer some build-your-own sampler packs that would make a great gift!
- Did you really think we’d get through an entire list without mentioning wine? You all know we love wine here, and even more so love sharing a glass on an evening with the girls. With The Austin Wine Merchants, you can customize a wine gift basket (they also offer beer and spirits), and then they will gift wrap it and can even deliver it for you! Although you can also bring it with as an impressive hostess gift for all of those holiday parties you will be attending.
- On the rare occasion that my family has down time of any sort, especially around the holidays, we love to go to the movies. We hardly take the time any other time of year, but during the few cold days we have here in Austin it’s easier and a great thing to do as a family. The Alamo Drafthouse is so much more than just a movie theater, and if you haven’t been I highly recommend asking for a gift card for Christmas to check it out!
Life is better with good food, good wine and great design!